Who Are We?
The County Council came into existence in 1948 (Government Gazette of 24/9/1948), and is a single-purpose Council for the control of Noxious Weeds.
The proposal started with Colo Shire Council in 1945, inviting all members of district Councils to attend a conference to be held at the Richmond Council Chambers on July 30, 1945 at 8:00pm. This conference was held to discuss the “Proposed Formation Of The Hawkesbury River County Council For Eradication And Control Of Water Hyacinth”.
The meeting was attended by Windsor, Richmond, Castlereagh and Baulkham Hills Councils. The Hawkesbury River County Council was finally formed and proclaimed in the Government Gazette No. 114 of September 24, 1948.
The present member Councils are :-Hills Shire, Blacktown City Council, Hawkesbury City Council and Penrith City Council.