The NSW Weeds Action Program (WAP) is a NSW Government Initiative to reduce the impact of weeds under the NSW Invasive Species Plan. Hawkesbury River County Council (HRCC) is the Lead Agency for the Greater Sydney regional project. HRCC is responsible for collating and submitting the project application on behalf of the region, devolving funding to the 17 project partners, collating and submitting reports to DPI and for ensuring the project is delivered on time and that funds are used in accordance with the requirements of the head funding agreement.
For more information, call our WAP Project Officer, Nicola Dixon on (02) 4574 9601.
This page will communicate the planning and results of the Sydney Region Weeds Action Program.
We are currently in Year 2 of WAP2 (2015-2020).
Sydney WAP Report 2015/16
24 October 2016
Summary of the outstanding achievements of the Greater Sydney WAP project partners in Year 1, as well as some project highlights.
$2.34million was spent directly on weed surveillance, control and education activities in Year 1 of the Greater Sydney WAP1520 project. This map reveals how WAP funds were allocated across the region to implement the NSW Invasive Species Plan.
Weed Management Demonstration Day 2016
Methodology for Prioritising WAP1520 Applications
24 November 2015
Weeds Action Program Update
20 October 2015
1. The Greater Sydney WAP1520 project is now on Twitter @SydneyWAP1520 Follow for regular updates.
2. The Greater Sydney WAP1520 project is now on Facebook @ Sydney Region Wap1520 project
3. $2.5million was spent directly on weed surveillance, control and education in Year 5 of the Sydney WAP1015 project. This map reveals where and how the funds were allocated across the region.
4. Co-contributions by partner agencies increased by 11% in Year 5 of WAP1015. This graph shows the trend over the final 3 years of the project.
5. This comprehensive summary showcases what was achieved across the Sydney region by the project partners in Year 5 of WAP1015
Sydney Weeds Action Program – Strategic Planning
18 Dec 2013
These documents have been developed regionally as part of the NSW Weeds Action Program. They have been designed to improve the coordination of Local Control Authorities in preventing the establishment of new weed species and containing the spread of high risk weeds.
As part of HRCC’s ongoing role as lead agency, the documents will be updated as required. For any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact Anthony Schofield, WAP Project Officer (02) 4574 9601 or use the Contact Us page
See the links below for the latest version of each document.
NSW Weeds Action Program Guidelines
A copy of the most recent guidelines can be obtained by clicking on the image below.